Add feed generating capabilities

`feed.tmpl.xml` should be RSS2.0-conforming.  Ideally each news item
would have a date of publication, but RSS doesn't require it.

I found it easier to copy `genblog.go` to `genfeed.go` than to shoehorn
in feed logic to the blog generator.  As such, `genfeed.go` might have
some unnecessary stuff in it (though the go compiler didn't complain, so
who knows?!).  I also added the necessary machinery in
`generate_homepage`.

Of course, I did very minimal testing.
trunk
Case 3 months ago
parent 3feec1a252
commit eca0447a35
  1. 19
      feed.tmpl.xml
  2. 3
      generate_homepage
  3. 121
      genfeed.go

@ -0,0 +1,19 @@
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
<channel>
<title>tilde.town blog</title>
<description>web log of tilde town</description>
<link>https://tilde.town/blog.html</link>
<atom:link rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" href="https://tilde.town/blog.xml"/>
{{ range .News }}
<item>
<title>{{.Title}}</title>
<pubDate>{{.Pubdate}}</pubDate>
<description>
<![CDATA[{{.Content}}]]>
</description>
<guid isPermalink="false">{{.Pubdate}}-{{.Title}}</guid>
</item>
{{ end }}
</channel>
</rss>

@ -6,5 +6,6 @@ set -e
cd /town/src/tilde.town
/usr/bin/go run genblog.go > blog.html
/usr/bin/go run genfeed.go > blog.xml
/usr/bin/go run genusers.go > users.html
/bin/cp index.html blog.html users.html blog.css style.css /var/www/tilde.town/
/bin/cp index.html blog.html blog.xml users.html blog.css style.css /var/www/tilde.town/

@ -0,0 +1,121 @@
package main
import (
"bytes"
_ "embed"
"encoding/json"
"fmt"
"os"
"os/exec"
"sort"
"text/template"
)
const statsPath = "/usr/local/bin/stats"
//go:embed feed.tmpl.xml
var feedTmpl string
type newsEntry struct {
Title string // Title of entry
Pubdate string // Human readable date
Content string // HTML of entry
}
type User struct {
Username string
Default bool
}
type tildeData struct {
News []newsEntry
Users []User
ActiveUsers []string `json:"active_users"`
}
type ByName []User
func (n ByName) Len() int { return len(n) }
func (n ByName) Swap(i, j int) { n[i], n[j] = n[j], n[i] }
func (n ByName) Less(i, j int) bool { return n[i].Username < n[j].Username }
func _main() error {
data, err := stats()
if err != nil {
return err
}
type tmplData struct {
News []newsEntry
Lights string
}
td := &tmplData{
News: data.News,
Lights: "",
}
sort.Sort(ByName(data.Users))
isActive := func(username string) bool {
for _, u := range data.ActiveUsers {
if u == username {
return true
}
}
return false
}
for _, u := range data.Users {
if isActive(u.Username) {
td.Lights += fmt.Sprintf("<a href=\"/~%s\">*</a>", u.Username)
} else if !u.Default {
td.Lights += fmt.Sprintf("<a href=\"/~%s\">+</a>", u.Username)
} else {
td.Lights += "."
}
}
t, err := template.New("feed").Parse(feedTmpl)
if err != nil {
return fmt.Errorf("failed to parse the feed template: %w", err)
}
out := bytes.Buffer{}
if err = t.Execute(&out, td); err != nil {
return fmt.Errorf("failed to render feed template: %w", err)
}
fmt.Println(out.String())
return nil
}
func stats() (*tildeData, error) {
sout := bytes.Buffer{}
cmd := exec.Command(statsPath)
cmd.Stdout = &sout
err := cmd.Run()
if err != nil {
return nil, err
}
var data tildeData
err = json.Unmarshal(sout.Bytes(), &data)
if err != nil {
return nil, err
}
return &data, nil
}
func main() {
err := _main()
if err != nil {
fmt.Fprintf(os.Stderr, "error: %s\n", err)
os.Exit(1)
}
}
Loading…
Cancel
Save